Your wedding day is arguably the most important day of your life and one of the most daunting decisions a bride has to make is choosing her hair and makeup artist, after all you will be centre of attention with everyone looking at every detail of you and not to forget the photographs that will remain as memories of your big day. It is so crucial to have the right artist as she/he will become your confidante friend leading up to and on your big day.
Here are a few tips to look out for:
- Do your research early as good artists get booked up over a year in advance
- There are many avenues now with social media being so easily available where a bride can look at various artists their work, followings, reviews and testimonies from former brides/clients.
- Ask around and get feedback from people that have actually have used the artists services before as the best recommendation and reassurance is word of mouth.
- Know your style
- Knowing the kind of look and style that best suits you whether it’s the soft natural and elegant or the heavy exaggerated glamourous look will help you decide which artist will best do justice and achieve the look that you have envisioned as each artist have their own particular signature styles and that will resonate in their work.
- Have a trial
- The last thing you want on your big day is to have any unexpected shocks or disasters so having a trial is crucial even if it is an additional cost or time incurred. It gives you the opportunity to get to know the artist and for them to try out looks that best suit you for you to feel reassured and appeased.
- Choose and artist that you connect with
You will be spending lots of time communicating and liaising with your artist over the months leading up to your big day discussing looks outfits accessories they will be your confidante and go to person on your day when nerves and anxieties are heightened so it’s important to build a bond and trust your artist to be the person to stay calm and collected and be a friend when you need it most.